Prescribing Oversight Committee (POC)
Prescribing Oversight Committee – Homepage
(previously known as the Area Prescribing Committee)
Prescribing Oversight Committee (POC) will provide strategic leadership on the safe, consistent and cost effective management of medicines, providing a health community approach, across the Berkshire West Integrated Care Partnership (ICP). This will be done using the agreed ICP POC Ethical Framework and taking into account clinical views of local clinicians, stakeholders and statutory requirements.
When referring to the Berkshire West ICP, the following organisations are considered:
- Berkshire West Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust
- Royal Berkshire Foundation Trust
- Berkshire West General Practice.
The purpose of POC is to:
- Manage the entry of new medicines onto the formulary.
- Rationalise the medicines on the formulary.
- Develop treatment pathways for those medicines within the formulary.
- Promote patient safety.
- Have a consistent approach to value for money and opportunities for investment and disinvestment.
- Monitor the impact of POC decisions across its member organisations and recommend audits and report on outcomes.
- Help ensure that the requirements of healthcare monitoring organisations are met particularly with respect to timeliness and equity of access to new medicines.
- Discuss NICE technology appraisals and ensure the ICP formulary is updated in a timely manner.
- Interface with Regional Medicines Optimisation Committees (RMOCs) when these are fully established.I
- Interface with the POC committees (or equivalent) from neighbouring ICPs across the Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West (BOB) Integrated Care System (ICS).
For Terms of reference, click here.
Future POC meeting dates:
|Date of meeting||Date the application, must be submitted by to be considered for the relevant meeting.|
|Wednesday 7th July 2021||Wednesday 2nd June 2021|
|Wednesday 1st September 2021||Wednesday 4th August 2021|
|Wednesday 3rd November 2021||Wednesday 6th October 2021|
|Wednesday 5th January 2022||Wednesday 1st December 2021|
If you wish to make an application for consideration for the upcoming POC for a Formulary application, Prescribing Guideline, Policy or Clinical Document, please complete and send the relevant template along with an executive summary giving a brief description of the purpose of document to email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to scheduled POC meeting.
- Formulary application for a drug, device or treatment to be added/amended/removed, click here.
- Prescribing guideline to enable General Practitioners to accept responsibility for the prescribing and monitoring of medicines, treatments or devices in primary care, in agreement with the initiating specialist service, click here.
- Policy statement. A policy to define the traffic light status, place in therapy or restrictions for a drug, device or therapy for drugs within the Berkshire West Formulary. POC policies will be written based on the outcome of a Formulary Application submitted to the POC. click here.
- Clinical Document. All documents (guidelines, pathways, algorithms etc.) which do not fall in to the category of POC Policy or POC Prescribing Guideline click here.
- Executive Summary Cover Sheet, details the title, author(s), reference to papers, purpose of the document, this is required for each submission, click here.
For Berkshire West Formulary, click here.