Care and Support Planning
This page contains information on Year of Care and Support planning training courses, events and resources.
Read codes for diabetes care planning
67D8 Provision of diabetes care summary
8CS0 Diabetes care plan agreed
Top tips and advice on implementing care planning in practice
- GP and practice nurse to attend 1 ½ day LTC Care and Support Planning training ideally together as practice team. One full day followed by ½ day six weeks later.
- Hold practice meeting soon after completing training and share/cascade information. Involve admin team, HCAs explain the change in annual review and the reason why.
- Develop an ‘Action Plan’. Care Planning. Practice Check List will be issued at the training, have a realistic ‘start date’ to work towards allowing time to prepare those involved.
- Preparation for diabetes population. Begin to share information on Care and Support Planning with patients during consultations explain partnership working and collaborative approach to supporting self care.
- Use YOC resources to publicise in the waiting room.
- Show slide show on Care and Support Planning in waiting room using patient information screen.
- Arrange for Care and Support Planning trainer Claire Scott to visit your practice and install the templates for Care Planning. Resources required for C&SP will be issued electronically for you to keep on your shared drive at this visit.
- Contact: email@example.com to arrange a visit.