Skip to the content


SEND and the Local Offer

Local Authorities are required by law to provide information about local services for children and young people, from birth to age 25, with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).

This provision of information is known as the ‘Local Offer’ which stems from the Children and Families Act 2014 and the Special Educational Needs (SEN) reforms. Local Authorities also publish information about services available outside its geographical area, which can also be used. The type of services offered come under these categories:

  • Education
  • Health
  • Care
  • Voluntary agencies
  • Leisure activities
  • Support groups
More information, along with contact information, is available on the local authority websites below:

The short film below gives further information about the Local Offer. It also covers how children and young people and their families can get involved in their local area to give their views and opinions on what services should be offered.