Skip to the content


Out of hours

Options for out-of-hours medical care:

Your pharmacy

Getting advice from a local pharmacist is the best first step for minor health concerns. Many pharmacies are open until late and at weekends and you don't need an appointment. Find out more and your nearest pharmacist here.
This guide from the General Pharmaceutical Council explains what people can expect when visiting a pharmacy.

NHS 111 service

When someone needs medical help but they are not in a life-threatening situation visit NHS 111 online or dial 111 free of charge from a mobile or landline, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Calling 111 will put you through to a trained adviser and experienced nurses and paramedics, to receive a clinical assessment. The Thames Valley Integrated Urgent Care (IUC) 111 service helps people access a wide range of clinical care through a single call, including dental, pharmacy and mental health services, ensuring patients get the right care, first time. This service is provided by South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS) in collaboration with Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust and Buckinghamshire Healthcare.

Using 111 in a non-life threatening situation, instead of 999 or Accident & Emergency, helps reduce and avoids delays, freeing up A&E for patients who really need it.

Urgent Care Centres, Minor Injury Units and Walk-in Centres

These centres are available for anyone to access medical care.